- The Word “Bible” is from Greek, “biblia” and is found twice in scripture:
- I, Daniel, observed in the books (or Bible) [Greek: biblia] the number of the years which was revealed as the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet for the completion of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years. Daniel 9:2 LXX
- When you come bring the cloak which I left at Troas with Carpus, and the books (or Bible) [Greek: biblia], especially the parchments. 2 Timothy 4:13
- Earliest evidence for the New Testament canon
- Why the canon of the New Testament varied by geography from 33 AD – 400 AD
- We have little solid historical evidence before 200 AD about the canon.
- Beware of many modern “canon” scholars who reject the Bible.
- Acceptance of the “disputed” NT books: Hebrews, 2 Peter, James, 2 John, 3 John, Revelation
- Rejection of “disputed” books: 1 Clement, Shepherd of Hermas, Epistle of Barnabas etc.
- The Corrupt Masoretic Text
- Esther is not inspired
- A list of inspired and non-inspired books associated with the Bible that are not part of the canon.
II. Canon of New Testament:
- Gnostic writings
- Textus Receptus
- Variances within the Textus Receptus
- Bible books quoted by the Apostolic Fathers
- Why only the antiNicien Fathers are inspired (Pre-Nicea)
- Criteria used by apostolic fathers to determine canon.
- The New Testament first popularized the codex in 100AD for scripture, and was the first book ever produced from the printing press in 1500AD.
- When the Bible was first viewed as having both an “Old and New Testament”
- The Canon of Marcion the heretic proves early existence of New Testament.
- The early use of “nomina sacra” indicates a canon was recognized.
- Diocletian’s destruction and Constantine’s production of scripture
III. Canon of the Old Testament:
- Which Old Testament text did Jesus prefer and quote from?
- A list of Old Testament books quoted by Jesus and other New Testament writers
- The Old Testament Canon: The council of Jamnia
- List of books in the Christian Bible, Roman Catholic Bible, Greek Orthodox Bible
- The 4 Ezra Varaints
III. Refuting the claims of Rabbinical Judaism, Catholicism, and daughter religions:
- Questions for Roman Catholics and Orthodox
- Scripture contains a pattern that must to be followed.
- Scriptures were more important than tradition to Apostolic Fathers.
- Apostolic fathers viewed scripture as complete and final and that the age of inspiration was ended.
- The Church organization and counsels did not give the world the Bible
- The Catholic Church did NOT give us the Bible!
- The Pauline Paradox
IV. Reference materials:
- The New Testament Documents: Are they Reliable? By F. F. BRUCE, 1943
- Study resources for the Old and New Testament Canon
- Ancient lists of Old Testament Book Collections
- Ancient lists of New Testament Book Collections
- Various councils, synods and canons related to the Canon
- The inspired text
- Outline of the bible
- History outside the bible
- Nephilim, Demons, Minions
- The Kingdom
- Judaism is the Mother of all Terrorism
VII. Church at Home
- Institutionalized religion
- How to have Church at Home and the early church